Spotify is a great service! I have been using it for quite a while, but I felt that something was missing.
Winamp has been my main player for years and I got inspired to make a combination support thing with this application, here is what SpotiAmp is all about.
- Global keyboard hotkeys to control play, stop, pause, next, previous, volume up/down and mute
- Mute commercials / ads. It comes with a price, read about below!
- Simple Webserver support, now Ajax-support
- Winamp WM_COMMAND / WM_WA_IPC support to let other applications (like girder) control Spotify
You must install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package to use SpotiAmp (This also apply to Vista and Windows 7!)
- 32-bit version (You need 32-bit, even if you have a 64-bit system. Spotiamp is a 32-bit software)
Download html for webserver
The Ajax HTML shall be unpacked in the same directory as the Spotiamp.exe.
If you put Spotiamp.exe in the same directory as Spotify then the directorystructure should look like this:
C:\Program Files\Spotify\html\ <-- All files from ajaxhtml.zip here
Download old versions
- You must install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package to use SpotiAmp v0.8 (This also apply to Vista and Windows 7!)
Spotiamp v0.8 exe version
- Spotiamp v0.8 zip version
- SpotiAmp v0.5 – exe version
- SpotiAmp v0.5 – zipped version
1. It has been tested with Windows XP (SP3) and Windows 7. Vista suck and does not work quite right. Wine is NOT supported!
2. This version is confirmed working with Spotify v0.6.2.301 (Spotify updates itself each time you start it, you should check version, if you have trouble)
Global hotkeys, neat
You select the hotkey combination you like. Windows-key has also been added (made a new hotkey-ctrl for that silly button).
Should be pretty straight forward to configure, you’ll get an error if a combination already exists.
Mute commercials, wtf?
I know, but after hours of programming I got really, really, reeeeally tired of the commercials.
Audio commercials should be banned in my eyes, especially when Spotify actively pauses when you want to mute. This is your counter-measure, but remember it could easily be “fixed” by Spotify-crew if they want.
In the other end Spotify needs to live and royalties has to be paid. Just to nag you and not letting you forget that you don’t use premium a nag-screen has been implemented.
It looks like this:
(Note: If Spotify actively contacts me regarding this function, I will permanently remove the feature.)
Download the really simple html-page and extract it in the same where you have SpotiAmp.exe (desktop is not a good place for it, if you want to use webserver).
A really simple interface has been added, by requesting control.htm?[command] on the port the server is opened to a command is executed.
Here are the [command] alternatives: PREV, PLAY, NEXT, VOLUP, VOLDOWN and MUTE.
If the SpotiAmp works in Wine a simple wget should be able to execute commands on your Spotify Perfect for HTPC computers who want to control Spotify a little.
The html look like shit and if you bother check out degeros version. Neat solution to grab the screen!
Winamp WM_COMMAND support
Many people have Girder or something similar together with a remote (or simular).
By adding a simple WM_COMMAND Winamp-style based IPC you’ll manage Spotify the same way as Winamp.
It fakes the Winamp v1.x window and you can use the PostCommand(::FindWindow(NULL, L”Winamp v1.x”), WM_COMMAND, NULL, WINAMP_BUTTON2) or simular.
Please check out Winamp developer site and download the SDK extract the WINAMPCMD.H and wa_ipc.h. Most functions are not supported, but you can control the basics.
If you have any comments regarding the release, please add it below.